Saturday, October 1, 2011

Voluntary Milk Bone Recall Alert

Milk Bone Dog Biscuit 10lb Delmonte Pet has a recall on Milk Bone Dog Biscuit 10lb. Code #90967 Milk Bone Dog Biscuits 10 lb (UPC 24000-92502) with lot code 12071k Only!

The FDA website had no information of this recall, so I called DelMonte. I was told "this is not a recall, we voluntarily pulled the product because mold was discovered after the product was in the market place." When I asked too many questions of the DelMonte consumer representative, she told me I was going to need to talk with 'someone else'. She took my name and number, I've waited three hours - no return call.

So, if your pet eats Milk Bones, please look for code #90967, UPC 24000-92502, lot code 12071k on the box. The product could contain mold to which we have no idea how dangerous this might be.


see: Truth about pet foods.com article written by: Susan Thixton dtd 9/30/11
Phyllis Entis on Ingles Markets

No comments: